Throughout the course of the INTEGRATE project, our partners have been busy presenting posters about the project at various conferences and events, including at Seagriculture 2019 in Ostend and the European Aquaculture Society conferences in Montpellier in 2018 and Berlin in 2019! Here are the posters we have presented so far:
IMTA in France: factsheet available in English and French
Pilot Action information leaflets
As part of the INTEGRATE Project’s outreach to a wider public activities, we are creating a suite of promotional material to help inform a range of stakeholders about different aspects of eco-efficient practices in aquaculture. We hope to demonstrate that IMTA can be a step towards a greener Atlantic aquaculture industry, producing safe and healthy food and valuable jobs.
Our new leaflets, each describing one of our 3 pilot actions, are now available for download:
Keynote presentations from invited speakers and project partners
Presented at the INTEGRATE Project IMTA definition event on May 9th, 2019. The event was hosted by the Interreg Atlantic Area Managing Authority at the Norte Portugal Regional Coordination and Development Commission (CCDR-N), Porto, Portugal.
- INTEGRATE Project overiew Erik-Jan Malta. Erik-Jan Malta. Aquaculture Technology Centre (CTAQUA)
- Results of the online questionnaire Bertrand Jacquemin. Project Manager. Centre d’Étude et de Valorisation des Algues (Ceva)
- IMTA towards sustainable aquaculture Xinhua Yuan. Senior Aquaculture Officer. Aquaculture brach, Fisheries and Aquaculture Department. Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO)
- Models of land-based IMTA developed in Israel Amir Neori. Research Fellow. University of Haifa
- Trade-offs in European IMTA: who benefits and who pays? Adam Hughes. Senior Lecturer in Sustainable Aquaculture. Scottish Association for Marine Science (SAMS)
- ASC and MSC seaweed certification – considerations and challenges Patricia Bianchi. Seaweed Account Manager. Aquaculture Stewardship Council (ASC) and Marine Stewardship Council (MSC)
The INTEGRATE Project Podcasts
Five podcasts recorded by CTAQUA at the INTEGRATE Project IMTA definition event on May 9th, 2019. The event was hosted by the Interreg Atlantic Area Managing Authority at the Norte Portugal Regional Coordination and Development Commission (CCDR-N), Porto, Portugal.
1. Adam Hughes, Senior Lecturer in Sustainable Aquaculture, Scottish Association for Marine Science (SAMS), UK, discusses the main challenges to overcome in order to implement an industrial IMTA model.
2. Amir Neori, Research Fellow at the University of Haifa, Israel, talks about the future perspective of IMTA.
3. Pierre Eyrolles, Research Assistant at Agrocampus Ouest, France, describes the goals amd aims of the INTEGRATE project roundtable expert groups.
4. Rui Pereira, Co-Founder and Lab and Scientific Director at ALGAplus, Portugal, talks about his experience with industrial and experimental IMTA models.